Ever noticed how everyone falls in love with people in there near proximity? i mean obviously they wouldn’t mail order their bride (even though i hear this actually happens in certain places) but that makes you wonder about what falling in love is.
Is it truly the case that there’s someone for everyone, or do we forge an ideal candidate up on a pedestal and start comparing one relationship after the other to that person till one day we either get tired of comparing and give in, or we just find that someone who had the highest score among the rest and claim that we fell in love with.
Is that what falling for someone really is? comparing them to a list of requirements till you see someone who fits? When it comes to me, I’m not an exception to the rule of no one being perfect (my ego would disagree, but let’s just leave that to a different post where i discuss how amazing i am) but i do have a set of criteria of my own.
In the end every one of us has a certain preference when it comes to the person he might eventually like..
Mine are fairly common (that’s what i used to think);
- Smart, that doesn’t mean she should have the highest IQ, but she shouldn’t be a blonde either! to sum it up, she should be someone who i could discuss different subjects with. (and no! Fashion isn’t an interesting subject)
- Sense of humor, i think we all dislike uptight people.
- Mature, “some age others mature”, is such a true saying.
- Naughty, mind you that being naughty doesn’t always require to do so sexually.. #JustSaying
- Lady-Like, ya that’s a bit tricky with the naughty part. at least that’s what some you say.. but i disagree! having a true lady-like behavior would be the perfect example of how to balance her private intimate side with her loved one, and her social image as a young mature successful woman.
- Well accomplished, yes you heard me! i don’t like those who glide through life just waiting for something to happen. she has to have career goals, dreams…
- Doesn’t take no for an answer. I’m not sure why women these days think it’s AOK to give in to men in their lives! Granted, i’m as eastern as any other lebanese man BUT that doesn’t mean i’m ok with a spineless woman! she should have her say and expect to be heard!
So yep, that’s about as generic as it may be, but would you believe me if i tell you that i’t’s pretty hard to come across a woman who matches these or at least some of them?
Almost every woman I’ve met in the last couple of years can be divided into five categories..
- Lady-like, Smart,Funny,In a serious relationship,engaged or married.
- Smart,Sexy, successful, shallow,Fake and playful.
- Good Looking,Naive,and young.
- Wants to get married next Sunday. and if we’re on a saturday! then you’re in luck, it’ll happen the next day.
- Eyes on future husband’s bank account. after all she’s a princess.
Where did the kind of women that you could take her to a family wedding, hang with friends and spend some time with ? are they a dying breed? are they all married or abroad?
Is it possible that our Lebanese society is that messed up that it divided women to those which you take to meet your family, friends or spend some intimate time with? i mean where are those which are a moderate mix of the three ? is there a country-wide conspiracy to ship them abroad ?
The scarcity of women that meet such requirements reminded me of this saying:
A goal is not always meant to be reached, it often serves simply as something to aim at.
Which is what i ended up doing.. i’m actually moving away from a goal that revolves around finding a decent woman who i could spend time with, to finding a woman i can stand being around…
Unless! you can tell me where did that type of women go….